Chimney leaks are often caused by water infiltration through cracks in mortar in your chimney’s brickwork. This can be fixed with hard serface water repellant. Combined with our acrylic trowel-on water tight adhesive we can provide water protection for the entire exterior of your chimney.
Our water repellent is a stable, VOC compliant, emulsion that has been developed to treat a wide variety of mineral substrates including architectural concrete, split face block, pavers, concrete block, stucco, porous and dense brick clay tile, and exposed aggregate concrete.
Advantages and Features
- Provides excellent water repellency to reduce cracking, splitting, freeze/thaw damage, chemical degradation, biological growth, efflorescence, and dirt pickup, thereby lengthening substrate life and reducing maintenance costs.
- Provides excellent beading for improved aesthetics
- Superior storage stability including freeze/thaw stability
- Low VOC emissions on curing; EPA compliant
- Formulated to minimize darkening effects thus not changing substrate appearances
- Good stability on highly alkaline surfaces for long term durability
- Physically and chemically bonds to substrates increasing coating life and making cleaning easier, thereby reducing maintenance costs
- Water repellent is UV stable and resistant to biological degradation for longer service life leading to less cost for repetitive applications
- Water repellent is vapor permeable to resist cracking, peeling and blistering, and allowing carbonation to continue after water repellent application. This lengthens substrate life and allows for greater substrate structural strength over time
- Water repellent can improve adhesion of paints to mineral substances thus priming them for painting
Substrates that are coated with Water Repellent are generally recoatable with water and solvent borne paints. Water Repellent can be used as a primer to provide improved adhesion with paints on mineral substrates.